Fabiani Will Await Pedro's Response To Lazio's New Contract Offer
Lazio director Angelo Fabiani is taking a patient approach regarding Pedro Rodriguez's future, stating he won’t rush the veteran winger into a quick decision. Fabbiani expressed his willingness to accept whatever choice Pedro makes.
Pedro has been one of Lazio's standout performers during the 2024-25 season, contributing nine goals and four assists in 26 appearances across all competitions. However, questions linger about his future as his contract is set to expire on June 30, 2025.
"Lazio don’t base their relationships solely on contract length, as we have demonstrated," Fabiani told Mundo Deportivo.
He continued, "This is Pedro’s home. He will decide what he wants to do in the near future, and from our perspective, there will be no issues."
Determined not to lose one of their key players, Lazio's management has reportedly presented a new contract proposal to Pedro's agent, as reported by Sky Sport Italia. The offer is said to be a one-year extension, though it remains unclear if Pedro is inclined to continue his career in the Italian capital.
Meanwhile, the 37-year-old Pedro prefers not to dwell on his future, emphasizing his focus on his current performance. "We haven’t started discussions about a new contract yet. When the time comes, we will address it. The most important thing is that Lazio is performing well this season. I feel very comfortable and happy here," he stated after last week’s match against Monza.
No comments: